As a reminder, it is critical that we all continue to practice general viral infection prevention measures including:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get your flu shot—it’s never too late
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick. Call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
How to Stay Informed and Fight Bias
Please visit nyc.gov/coronavirus at any time for critical updates, as well as a helpful Coronavirus Fact Sheet (plus translations), available on that page under Additional Resources for 2019 Outbreak.
This page also includes ways to fight stigma and bias around this issue. It’s important we come together as a community and support one another during this time. COVID-19 is not more likely found in any one race or nationality, and we must each model inclusion and actively work to combat bias in our workplaces and communities. There are a lot of things on social media and in the news that are at best not rooted in science and at worst, offensive, demeaning and racist.
We will continue to share updates with our Roads to Success community during this rapidly evolving situation.